Spiritual Warfare Forum: Annulment

Annulment QUESTION from Ken Capel on September 11, 2002 My fiancee and I are planning to be married in the next year or two and she would like to be married in the Catholic Church. Both of us are divorced.
When she was married, she was not married in a church because her intended at the time was divorced and did not obtain an annulment.
I was married in a Catholic Church to a Catholic woman. I, however, am Protestant, not Catholic.
Would I be required to obtain an annulment inorder for us to be married in the church?
Thank you.
ANSWER by John-Paul Ignatius, OLSM on September 18, 2002 Dear Mr. Capel:
This is not a Spiritual Warfare question (unless one thinks marriage is hell :), just kidding). But to save time I will go ahead and answer this in this forum.
From what you discribe it sounds like you both will have to seek an annulment. Contact your Marriage Tribunal at your Diocese offices, or a preist or deacon in your parish who handles annulment cases, and they will be able to tell you for sure after you explain your respective situations in detail.
God Bless

Spiritual Warfare Catalog Back to Index Page

You have successfully subscribed!