Faith/Spirituality Forum: marriage to protestant divorcee

marriage to protestant divorcee QUESTION from Stewart on January 19, 2003 Will the Catholic Chuch allow me to marry a protestant divorcee who was previously married in the Church of Scotland?
ANSWER by John-Paul Ignatius, OLSM on January 26, 2003 Dear Stewart:
Your intended will probably have to petition the Catholic Church for a decree of nullity. Also, since the Church of Scotland is not Catholic you also need the permission of the Bishop to marry this person.
You can find out the details by contacting your local priest or the Marriage Tribunal Office at the Diocesan offices.
God Bless
Back to Index Page

You have successfully subscribed!